Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Please help guys drive shaft rubbing spohn loop again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help guys drive shaft rubbing spohn loop again.

Hey guys my drive shaft is still rubbing my spohn tunnel mounted loop after i re-centered the rear end on my 02 ss. Its weird because the part that's rubbing is the bottom bracket, you can see it in the pics I have attached. The pics were taken with the rear suspension hanging so I don't see how it would make contact when on the ground. Im at a loss for answers but any info would be appreciated, This is going to cost me a new shaft. ........ It only happens on slow right had turns. ...Specs are Moser 12 bolt, Spohn tunnel mounted TQ arm and loop, hotchkis trailing arms, pinnion angle set at -1.5*, previous owner might of installed bigger drive shaft. Do you think I could shim the tunnel brace down with longer bolts? or just go with the tunnel brace without loop then install something like a lakewood 2 piece universal? I just need this fixed, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Please help guys drive shaft rubbing spohn loop again.-drive-088.jpg   Please help guys drive shaft rubbing spohn loop again.-drive-089.jpg  
Old 08-25-2013, 05:28 AM
Teching In

We did shim my bmr drive shaft loop we ended up putting 2 washer an a longer bolt in it work good.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe you could shim up the rear of the tranny .
Old 09-14-2013, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

I am running a Lakewood Part # 18022 that is made for F-body cars with no issues. I am running a Moser 12 Bolt w/ 3.5" driveshaft. (stock is 3") This piece has a lot of adjustment built in to it. Should work with any setup.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I had to cut, relocate, and weld my DS loop for bigger DS. Barely clears unloaded and loaded or I'd have to make an oval loop for vertical movement. Moved it 1.5" forward and need to add a rear loop now. Thinking of using brackets off the axle for attachment points.

Quick Reply: Please help guys drive shaft rubbing spohn loop again.