Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

School me on LCA's Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mikestypes
And brake worse! The brackets might help straightline traction by forcing the wheels down under acceleration, but they also try and lift them up under deceleration. This creates bad axle hop under hard braking and really srews with the ABS.

It is all a compromise based on what you do with your car. For a lowered DD/handling car, I no longer use the relocation brackets because the handling and braking tradeoffs were worse than the traction benefits.
It really comes down to what you are wanting to do with the car. There is always a trade off when it comes to modifying stuff. I will say brake hop is something that I have experienced first hand when we were out testing with GM High Tech's STI Killer and it is definitely something you have to worry about if you are going to really be pushing the car to the extreme as far as handling goes. The majority of guys that have a lowered DD/handling cars won't push their cars hard enough to induce brake hop so more times than not it isn't a issue.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-03-2014, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14k
I feel like a kid cuz the pictures really helped me understand it completely. Lol. Iv got mine in the lowest hole.
I see in your signature that you used the Founders Suspension products, I was going to order the LCA and panhard bar package and then the LCA relocation brackets too, what do you think of their product quality because their prices are great!!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesanto70
I see in your signature that you used the Founders Suspension products, I was going to order the LCA and panhard bar package and then the LCA relocation brackets too, what do you think of their product quality because their prices are great!!!!
I have their LCA relocation brackets, double adjustable panhard bar, and STB and must say their quality and product are top notch. The other manufacturers should be embarrassed to charge what they do compared to Founders.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Instead of creating a new thread, I'm going to go off of this.

I keep reading different **** everywhere.

I got a set of bolt on LCA relocation brackets practically for free, so I am toying with the idea of installing them on my car.

99% street car, maybe see the drag strip once every 2 years. From what I am reading, LCA brackets HURT handling/braking, even if my car is lowered? Wouldn't the brackets help fix the LCA geometry since I lowered my car? I don't want to hurt my handling, so I figured the brackets would bring it back where it should be.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

My car is lowered and I have welded LCA brackets, I have LCA set on the first set of holes (not the bottom) and I have great performance (spirited driving and drag racing 2 times a year). When I had them in the lower holes I notice some unstable movement in the rear of the car. Doesn't take long to adjust them. This is my personal exp. I am by no means a suspension master.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mintws6
My car is lowered and I have welded LCA brackets, I have LCA set on the first set of holes (not the bottom) and I have great performance (spirited driving and drag racing 2 times a year). When I had them in the lower holes I notice some unstable movement in the rear of the car. Doesn't take long to adjust them. This is my personal exp. I am by no means a suspension master.
I have a feeling first set of holes is for street on a lowered car and bottom is for drag racing only.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThoR294
Instead of creating a new thread, I'm going to go off of this.

I keep reading different **** everywhere.

I got a set of bolt on LCA relocation brackets practically for free, so I am toying with the idea of installing them on my car.

99% street car, maybe see the drag strip once every 2 years. From what I am reading, LCA brackets HURT handling/braking, even if my car is lowered? Wouldn't the brackets help fix the LCA geometry since I lowered my car? I don't want to hurt my handling, so I figured the brackets would bring it back where it should be.
Lowering the rear control arm mounting point will shorten the instant center and add anti squat.

Adding Anti-Squat will make the car Squat less during acceleration. This will cause your car to track straight on straightaways. It will also make your car push coming out of corners, but loose entering corners.

Less Anti-Squat will result in the opposite: a little less forward traction, more stable entering corners, and will track through bumpy sections much better.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Lowering the rear control arm mounting point will shorten the instant center and add anti squat.

Adding Anti-Squat will make the car Squat less during acceleration. This will cause your car to track straight on straightaways. It will also make your car push coming out of corners, but loose entering corners.

Less Anti-Squat will result in the opposite: a little less forward traction, more stable entering corners, and will track through bumpy sections much better.
so, even with car lowered, the LCA brackets hurt handling?
Old 05-30-2019, 08:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThoR294
so, even with car lowered, the LCA brackets hurt handling?
No, If you lower the car you need to restore the geometry to the proper angles with the brackets.

Quick Reply: School me on LCA's Relocation Brackets