Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

time to upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to upgrade

i have a 2000 SS automatic convertible. completely stock. want to replace shocks, maybe lower. replace rotors. replace suspension bushings and add additional support. kinda a daily driver, has about 130K miles. after this is done i will add horspower. what should i get and where. thx james
Old 10-25-2013, 12:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Got your PM, replied... but because you posted here too I'll basically tell you what I said there so others can benefit.

I can't make a recommendation that is truly best for you without talking to you. Yes, I could "recommend" some parts but only in a generic sense. Any shock, almost, would be better than what you have... So I could be lazy and just give you whatever, or actually take the time to figure out how you drive and what it is you want in the end and recommend the best shock for your wants. As for the "maybe lower"... well you gotta decide if you do or don't want to lower the car, that has to be your car. Once you do that, we can proceed from there and even though I make lowering springs I'm not going to push you that way unless the results of lowering are what you want and you are ok with dropping the car some.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thank you. will call you this tuesday, should have the day off. thx james

Quick Reply: time to upgrade