Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Performance New Product- Weld In Tunnel Mounted Torque Arm for 82-02 GM F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 01:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking UMI Performance New Product- Weld In Tunnel Mounted Torque Arm for 82-02 GM F-Body

UMI Performance, Inc.
Weld-In Tunnel Mounted Torque Arm for the 1982-2002 Camaro/Firebird

P/N 2235 & 2236 priced at $429.99

UMI Performance, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of our new weld-in torque arms for 3rd and 4th Generation GM F-body cars. UMI’s traditional bolt-in tunnel mounted torque arm is already an industry leader with regards to reliability, fitment and performance. This weld-in solution brings UMI’s quality and performance to your 3rd Gen application in addition to offering another mounting variation for 4th Gen cars. The universal fit mount is manufactured with extra width to allow custom installation with both UMI and other brands of 2-point subframe connectors. Two models are available and both have pinion angle adjustability – P/N 2236 is for stock and “tucked” exhaust while P/N 2235 is for long tubes, off-road Y-pipes and other larger exhaust systems. The strong 1-1/2” DOM tube construction and Made In USA craftsmanship combined with tough red or black powder coat will ensure many years of trouble free service and hard launches. Please note welding of the brace to 2-point subframe connectors is required for installation. UMI proudly designs and manufactures all of our products in Philipsburg, PA – USA.

Direct website links:
Weld in tunnel mounted torque arm, dipped, 82-02 F-Body
Weld in tunnel mounted torque arm, straight, 82-02 F-Body

Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn.. I wish this had been available a year ago before I bought mine.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already have your 2203 torque arm, but I may want this instead. I'm thinking the impact harshness would be 'felt' less if it was distributed to the outside SFCs rather than the floorpan underneath my seat. Yes? Also, is it longer or shorter than the 2203? Can a DS loop still be bolted up in the chassis brace position? Have you considered incorporating a DS loop into this new design? Thanks.

Quick Reply: UMI Performance New Product- Weld In Tunnel Mounted Torque Arm for 82-02 GM F-Body