Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Midwest long toque arm...am I missing something???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Midwest long toque arm...am I missing something???

Something does not seem right. I opened the box and I swear I've got to be missing the back part. Theirs no way this will bolt up to my stock 10 bolt.

Here's what I have:

What hole should I put it on? It's got 4. It is on the 3rd one up in the pic.

What can I do to fix these powdercoat chips?

After googling for pictures since I couldn't find anything on Tech's search. It clearly looks like I'm missing a bracket.

Imagine my frustration after waiting 2 weeks with a broken car and I won't be able to fix anything until I have all the parts. This is just NOT my month.
Calling MWC in the morning. Hopefully they'll send me the bracket quickly. Please tell me they are open Saturdays. No info on their hours!

This is how I know I'm missing a part now....

Last edited by HotWhipT/A; 10-25-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Did they start making a long arm for the 10bolt? If so your definately missing the bracket to mate everything together.

Put some touch up paint on the chips or send it back if it came like that.

You'll have to ask Eric about what hole to use
He may have it set to OEM specs already. But only way to be 100% is to measure pinion angle after its installed.

I'm pretty sure there closed on weekends.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:13 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I spoke with the OP this morning... he is being taken care of. It does seem there was a bracket omitted from the order and we will ship one out first thing Monday. Although very rare, mistakes do happen and while we are working with new employees to aid in quicker service things like this can happen.

And yes... we do now have the long version torque arms available for the oem type mounting. It is available in mild steel and chromoly materials and features the same trans crossmembers and pivot link design we use with our fabricated 9" rearends. The assembly is fully adjustable and comes with our exclusive "best of both worlds" torque arm mounting design. The front of the torque arm is attached by a aircraft grade heim joint to keep a bind-free suspension movement, and the 4 hole height adjustable pivot link is mounted to the crossmember with a Energy Suspension poly bushing to eliminate the noise transfer that is common with aftermarket torque arms.

Last edited by ssvert99; 10-26-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

MWC isn't technically open Saturday but Eric was there and happened to answer the phone thankfully.

BTW for anyone else, the front should be mounted on the second from the bottom for stock use.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great customer service with Midwest chassis when I bought my bumper supports. Always answered the phone and answered every question. Military discount as well! Glad they took care of you.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a question/comment - As far as I know... powdercoat shouldn't chip like that; at least when not applied to properly prepped metal on a brand new part.

MWC - might want to talk with your coaters about that!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Our powdercoating is done by a facility that manufactures and finishes parts for Caterpillar and John Deere... our parts are on the paint line right next to theirs when that color is being run. It is a high quality process that is good enough for those giants and they are very strict. I am aware of the situation and have inquired about it, but we wrap the torque arms in cardboard sheet before it is placed in the carton when they are shipped... it did not leave here like that.

Quick Reply: Midwest long toque arm...am I missing something???