Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

abs and brake light on??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default abs and brake light on??

i was just wondering what wires i could check to see what made the lites come on??

jayson at mti said it was the connectors on the top of my rear end, i checked and didnt see anything wrong with it.. what else could it be??

the abs inop light stays on and the brake light doesnt come on until i move... any ideas on what i could check and where to look?? thanks a ton... i just hate those lights to be on...
Old 05-06-2004, 05:35 AM
9 Second Club

This happened to mine. I have a 3 channel set up aka no traction control. What was wrong with mine was the sensor from the rear was bad. I used a ohm meter to figure this out. I also checked the front sensors for cracks and checked them also. Once the rear sensor was replaced. I just reset the pcm and disconnected the batt and left it for about 3 hours. I didnt think I had to reset the pcm but I wasnt sure and I was 100 miles from the nearest dealer so I did that and everything was good to go. I hope that helps.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

the whole rear sensor?? about how much was that and how hard??

ive got an ohm meter, what reading did you get with the bad sensor and with the ones that were still good... thanks in advance ...
Old 05-06-2004, 02:44 PM
9 Second Club

It was 100 but I got it for 80 from gene at fread beans Easy to replace. I used my helms

Quick Reply: abs and brake light on??