Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just did ctsv front brake upgrade!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just did ctsv front brake upgrade!!

Hi all

Just did my ctsv / camaro ss rotor upgrade. Took me about 2 1/2 hours. Did alot of research on the boards here, glad I did.My only issue was I bought a GM pin kit for the ctsv calipers and it did not have the correct bar that bridges between the pins. I guess I will try the 2010 camaro ss pin kit to see if it does, but other than that went well. I only was able to drive a short distance, as it was getting dark, but the difference is amazing!!!!. Will post some pics in the next couple of days. I have 18" C5 Z06 wheels 18x9.5 with a 53mm backspacing, and I didn't really need the 12mm spacer I bought. Also I bought a adavance auto version of the mityvac, I put them side by side, and the advanceauto one looks exactly like the mityvac, but is $18 cheaper. Anyway made bleeding the brakes amazingly easy, would highly recommend it to anyone doing brake jobs.
This upgrade looks stunning, and provides excellent stopping power. On a side note, if anyone is interested, I am selling my ls1 calipers. PM me if interested.

tia

andy schuck

Last edited by andysc; 11-21-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: forgot to add version of wheels
Old 11-21-2013, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Yesterday it was 77 degrees, today its 29 and freezing rain??? Here are some pics, enjoyJust did ctsv front brake upgrade!!-img_2266.jpg

Just did ctsv front brake upgrade!!-img_2265.jpg

Quick Reply: Just did ctsv front brake upgrade!!