Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

KW Variant 3 on sale... Now through Monday 12/2

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 01:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Default KW Variant 3 on sale... Now through Monday 12/2

Been thinking about KW Variant 3's? Now would be a good time. $2250 shipped (in the US only please). Look around, most other places are around $2495. That's about $250 in left in YOUR pocket.

We use KW's, I use the hell out of them on two other cars in particular, and in fact we've had the fastest versions of those cars running @ SCCA Solo Nationals on KW's. I've had my own set too and I really, really like them. Add a lifetime warranty to the stainless steel (no rust) bodies, and individual compression and rebound adjustments AND ride height adjustment and you've got a pretty kick-*** suspension setup.

This is a HANDLING setup of coil-overs. Not drag stuff. KW has won the 24 hours of Nurburgring. KW has supplied OEM setups to Chrysler for the Viper ACR and Mercedes for the current generation C63 AMG Black series.

When this is over, they will go up at least $100 and not have free shipping. I'll still have great pricing, just not this great.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=148&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't recall any reviews of this setup on F-Bodies -- sure would be nice to read some experiences from those who went with this setup! No I am not in the market currently, but still curious.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I own a set , but my build is not quite complete in order to drive the car and actually give a response as to how well these handle. Fays2 watts and Strano sways on the way to my door now. It'll come together soon.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Sam, do you offer custom spring rates with these or do the stock springs work well? I know in the BMW universe, the KW shocks are pretty good, but most replace with Hyperco or Swift linear springs.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Well, the sale is over... It only was on until Monday.

The set you see pictured, I took that photo as they went on a friend's Formula, and he loves them... they in fact are less impact harsh than the Koni's (not that I think that's terrible mind you) with all the rebound control *and* useful compression damping too.

You don't see much on these for the f-body for a couple reasons.

1. The cost, some scream bloody murder about the cost of Koni's (while spending more on heads, cams, headers, etc. which always amuses me).

2. I haven't run them much until the last few years, the "KW's" I had experience with before were all revalved, and I HATED them... but I didn't learn they were revalved until later (details matter and when folks don't tell me that, I can't know it, and didn't in those cases until down the road). When I discovered they were, I made a point to give them a shot without someone having been in there dicking around, to the point that I bought a set for myself to run on my own car.

As for the question about changing springs? Absolutely we can, but they come with the springs they come with, I can't just sub in new ones. But we can get replacements easily and they are not very costly.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: KW Variant 3 on sale... Now through Monday 12/2