Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Mustang guy transplanted...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 09:06 PM
dgi
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mustang guy transplanted...

For the past year and a half i have been researching the best possible setup for my 93 mustang Gt so that i can be competetive at the different DEs and autoXs that I compete in (BMWCCA, PCA, SCCA) This would (as most of you know) require me to completly redo the entire suspension system.

So this past week I came up with what should have been obvious from the start.... F-Bodies already come with the setup i'm looking for!!!!!!!!

I'm still a die hard Ford man at heart, but i'm willing to look into this idea...

My question for tonight is this: What are some companies that specialize in F-body suspension systems? Who are the top names? (I use maximum motorsports and griggs racing for the mustang so I only want the best names out there) I feel like i'm one of those newbies that i constantly poke fun at on the other boards but i have no clue what to search for so I figured i'd come to you guys with my reply.

Thanks for all your help in advance... I think I may be headed in the right direction...
Old 05-07-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with Mustangs. They a great platform. But, like you say, the rear suspension needs some help.

LG Motorsports is to F-Bodys as Griggs is to Mustangs. Both companys have proven track records to back up their products .. products that were designed in-house and proven on their cars on the track. They're not "just a vendor".

Unbalanced Engineering is also an excellent choice. Jason is a small shop, but has a proven track record on the west coast in CMC, AI, AIX and ITE cars.

You also might want to check out FRRAX.com
Old 05-07-2004, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since Mitch missed it.

Run away from BMR (and yes, you may quote me on that).
Old 05-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trackbird
Run away from BMR.
Far, far away

You could also consider Global West, Spohn and Hotchkis for suspension goodies.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:35 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LG is top dog IMO. I wouldn't go with anyone else, especially if your into more serious racing.

I saw go for it do, come over to the dark side. It isn't so bad over here
Old 05-08-2004, 11:51 AM
dgi
Teching In

Thanks for the replies guys... I'll take a look at these companies when I get off of work in a couple hours (or if the boss steps out for a bit ). I love the fact that these cars have such great powerplants that are easily tuneable, and the rubber that fits under the wheel well is .... I cant wait to get off of work

Quick Reply: Mustang guy transplanted...