Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS wiring

I am at a point in my project where I need to decide to keep or lose the ABS system but I don't know much about the system other than the basics.

I have a long list of modifications to shorten the list I have an all new drivetrain, suspension added a roll cage. Mostly stock fuel system except the pump and injectors. Stock interior except cage. Holley Dominator EFI ecu and new fuse block to simplify wiring. Possibly aftermarket TCS.

I hope to keep the stock dash, if I can get all the gauges to work, I may need help here too. I plan to drive the car on weekends as well as race. I would like to keep the ABS but I don't know if eliminating the stock ECM or BCM effects this and what wiring needs to go to the ABS, for that matter I don't even know where the ABS module is located as of yet. Another consideration is a line lock. First priority is being a competitive drag racer but being able to take the twisty Colorado mountain roads with ABS would be nice. Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram? Will this work without the factory ECM/BCM?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Search the conversions and hybrids section for wiring related to PCM, BCM, ABS, TCS, and gauges. Takes time to dig up exactly what you need but you have a ton of questions and so many variables it makes my head hurt.

For your handling requirements, contact one of the many vendors here that make and sell suspension bits.

Quick Reply: ABS wiring