Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Panhard bar support against gas tank...???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panhard bar support against gas tank...???

Benn having this problem since I bought this car ...2000 camaro ss...stock suspension...I've been having this rubbing and banging sound coming from the back end and I noticed the upper pan hard bar support is up against the gas tank ...rubbing the crap out of it ...only time it makes the noise is when Im going sideways into a dip into a parking lot...car is dropped...why the heck is it up against the tank?? Car is not dropped that low .. Is it suppose to be like that???..I just don't want the plastic tank to crack and blow up my car lol!!! But seriously though....can I get a panhard relocation and drop it a little? ..the gas tank straps are on there right...everything looks like its where it's suppose to be at...car drives straight..wheels all straight ...don't know what's going on
Old 02-19-2014, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was able to google "panhard bar pics" and a bunch came up from different angles, some stock and some modded. Check it out, it may help you figure out what is going on up there. https://www.google.com/search?q=f+bo...h=677#imgdii=_
Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Thank you for the quick reply....but I don't see anything with the stock bar...my exhaust is dumped before the axel so that can be it....the panhard bar support is literally laying up against the tank
Old 02-19-2014, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The upper support bar isn't suppose to move at all, it's suppose to be stationary.

Quick Reply: Panhard bar support against gas tank...???