Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

speed bleeders

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed bleeders

So i decided that since i like my clutch remote speed bleeder so much, i would invest in replacing the bleed screws on all my calipers with speed bleeder screws. I still have factory calipers so i thought that should be easy.

I looked up on the website i got them from and they give the same part number for both the front and rear caliper bleed screws. Even though the calipers are obviously different sizes i thought okay i guess they just use the same generic GM screw.

So i ordered 2 pair of these speed bleeders so i can do all 4 calipers and when i get them i start the work. Did the RR, LR, all was well. They fit. Thread pattern on rear bleeders is 10mm x 1mm and overall length 29mm. The speed bleeders are the same thread pattern but 33mm long (longer nipple...huhuh). So i get around to the RF and pull that bleed screw out and immediately see that it's noticeably longer from nut to tip (that's what she said). So i thought okay we'll try this...it didn't really want to go in as smoothly as they did on the rear calipers. It went it but more snug, however, the threading wasn't long enough to seat the screw all the way down. You reach the nut before the screw is seated, and so that allows fluid to just sploosh out.

So my question is, does anyone know (or know where to find) the proper length and thread type of the bleed screws for my car (2002 WS6) so that i can order a proper fitting pair of speed bleeders for my front calipers?
Old 03-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And to clarify the speed bleeders in question are Russell brand #639630 and i ordered them from Summit Racing. Have noticed that mine is not the only car which Russell lists this part number (or others) as compatible for both front and rear. So additionally if anyone knows the proper part number i should get in terms of a Russell bleeder..

Quick Reply: speed bleeders