Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C5 brake Conversion Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014 | 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by szalkerous
Not to digress the topic, but are the CTS-V swaps a thing of the past? I was always under the impression they were the preferable swap.

Also, the amount of bashing in this thread is depressing. No need for it, at all.
CTSV is the swap I would make..if it fit under my 10 spokes.

Agreed on the bashing.
Old 06-23-2014 | 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
CTSV is the swap I would make..if it fit under my 10 spokes.

Agreed on the bashing.
Pretty sure I read on here that they wont work on 10 spokes. Want to do the same swap , but I'll just go with a C5 swap instead.
Old 06-26-2014 | 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
But since F-Body's are rear biased, you can move a little forward using the LG brackets (which require no cutting of the spindle) and Fbody calipers/abutment brackets. So you can use the C6 rotors and Fbody calipers and pads with that setup.
That sounds like a good idea. Maybe if vett rotors and FBody calipers where used the bias would be moved to the front some, than a more aggressive pad could be ran on the rear without rear brake hop.
Just depends on how much clamping force is lost due to the flexing of the less ridged caliper. If the less ridged caliper has more clamping force that might be a better way to go, from a performance standpoint.
Just did a quick search to see if i could find some numbers on caliper clamping force (Camaro, C5 & C6) but couldn’t find anything. It would be cool if someone had a buddy at a croc/gator farm with a bite force gauge and did a comparison of all 3 on an FBody so we had some numbers.
Higher front clamping force with the better leverage and better rear pads might give you a better 100-0 distance
Sounds good in theory! LOL!
Old 06-26-2014 | 08:31 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Who knows if it's true. I know with EBD the bias is sort of what it is, but the EBD is awful on these cars. Vettes with essentially the same brake setup (sans a stiffer caliper and slightly larger rotor) stop much shorter. I recall the Z06 Vette vs. an 02 SS Camaro in Car and Driver.

70-0 Brake in feet were 157-160 for the Z06 and around 210 feet in the Camaro. That's a huge difference and it's not all weight/pad material/tires since they are similar to be honest. It's in the way the ABS/EBD system is configured. Wish we could modify that.
Old 07-07-2014 | 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

i paid $900 shipped to my door for the whole kit that included everything in needed to install

Quick Reply: C5 brake Conversion Kit?