Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange shocks BMR 1.25 Lowering springs....??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange shocks BMR 1.25 Lowering springs....??

anyone have this combo..? I know strange mostly deals with drag setups and Im new to the shock/spring game... I just want to know how much handling ill lose with the Strange shocks and lowering springs considering my TA isn't a strip car.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-18-2014, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What exactly do you do with the car?

The Strange shocks are for sure more focused on drag racing, but there are other options out there that are in a similar price range and work well for street driven cars.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Teching In

I drift a lot, drag a little. I want adjustability with the shocks so i can setup the stance of the car... which you can't beat strange's shocks in price for what I'm looking for as far as adjustability unless I'm not looking in the right place..
Old 06-18-2014, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The stance? As in the height? Adjusting shocks is changing the rebound, not the height of the car. You could get coilovers for adjusting height, but that's quite expensive.

I wouldn't get shocks meant for drag racing if you care about handling.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:55 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Our springs work well in a lot of different applications. We have single digit 1/4 mile cars running them, as well as hardcore handling/autocross cars. The biggest factor is the shock choice that accompanies them. Since drag racing and drifting are so vastly different in what suspension settings will work best, the more adjustability from the shock you can get, the better.
Look at the Viking smooth body rear shocks as they offer 19 positions of adjustment for each the compression and rebound, so you get a wide range valving options to match your use. We have customers who drag race on these as well as road race and daily driving. They have very reasonable prices as well.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NCTransAmMan37
I drift a lot, drag a little. I want adjustability with the shocks so i can setup the stance of the car... which you can't beat strange's shocks in price for what I'm looking for as far as adjustability unless I'm not looking in the right place..
With the multi-use of what you are doing, you may want to consider a double adjustable shock. The front shocks in the likes of Strange, Afco, and Viking are already a coil-over design and will come with springs that we can setup the correct length and rate for your needs. The rear shocks are typically not a coil-over design, so your stance will be regulated by whatever spring you choose... Unless... you go with our coil-over conversion package for the rearend as well and then you will have the availability of all 4 corners of ride height.

The Strange single adjustable shock is the best priced external adjustable setup, and is great for auto trans equipped street/strip cars, and has 10 position valving adjustments. Cost is usually around 150.00 per shock. The Viking shocks are very similar, other than they are only available in 19 position double adjustable valving, are nitrogen assisted, and have a 2 year warranty. Priced very aggressively at 179.00

Lots of choices are out there, but keep in mind the least cost may end up costing more in the future when the performance is not what was expected. Give us a call and we will be happy to assist you in getting setup with the right parts and the best prices.

Quick Reply: Strange shocks BMR 1.25 Lowering springs....??