Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Replacement Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Replacement Advice

Looking for some tips on replacing my stock pads/rotors. If a full brake kit is affordable, I'm open to that too. Got a slight squeal that seems to be low brake pads. Any tips on a replacement?
Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

BLANK (not drilled - prone to cracking) rotors and some good pads make a hell of a difference.
Hawk HPS are a great street pad:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=17&ModelID=7
Old 06-20-2014, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have hawk pads and like them. Plenty of stopping power - emergency stops on the highway are 1/4 braking while others around me are swerving into the emergency lane because they can't stop even as fast as that (my tires probably help a lot with that too which just are some 245 pole positions). They're nice and quiet too. Haven't done the rotors so can't help you there.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As noted above, the simple combo of blank rotors and a decent street pad will be a nice improvement in braking performance over stock. As for the pads, Hawk HPS on the front and a cheap, part store ceramic on the rear would do the trick for street duty.

Is brake dust a huge concern? Some folks are very particular about this whereas I (and others) are less concerned about the dust as long as the stopping power is there.

Quick Reply: Brake Replacement Advice