Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Has anyone done CTS-V REAR caliper upgrade on 02 F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone done CTS-V REAR caliper upgrade on 02 F-Body

I have completed the front caliper/rotor install. Best change to the car as yet, bar none. The stock rear brakes are showing signs of stress as well as looking pretty shitty compared to the fronts. Has anyone attempted the install of the rear 4-piston Brembo's? I found a guy in Detroit that has a bracket but he says no parking brake. Not an option for me.
Lastly, I have seen a Brembo "spot" parking brake set-up on a Dodge Viper but can not locate a part source despite extensive search. Can anyone help? I have no problem fabricating the bracketry, but if someone has been here already it would obviously save me a pile of time. Anyone?
Old 06-20-2014, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Search "pad knock" and that will point you in another direction. I went through this all before when I did the 6 piston zo6 brakes on mine. Unless you want to change your rear end up and eliminate the c clips you will run into undesirable issues. The calipers need to float as the axels do.

Put a fixed caliper on a floating axel and the pads will just violently knock. Baer makes a sort of adaptor I saw once in gmhtp.

Besides that, the rears have more than ample power as is. But it would be cool to pull that off.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cts-v rear brakes

thx for the tip. I will investigate.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Along with massive pad knock back, you will get some pretty violent rear axle hop under braking. You don't want more braking power than the stock calipers provide.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did it on my 94, no longer running c clips tho

Quick Reply: Has anyone done CTS-V REAR caliper upgrade on 02 F-Body