Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable vs Non-adj Torque arms

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Adjustable vs Non-adj Torque arms

So I'm looking at buying a torque arm but not quite seeing the benefits of the adjustable vs non-adjustable.
I see that the non-adjustable arms are preset to 2*, but going through posts by those who have the adjustable, they seem to be getting them set to 2* anyways. I have no vibrations or wheel hop now with the OEM TA and I don't drag race so I'm not sure if tweaking and adjustable is going to benefit me.

thanks!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

We will recommend an adjustable arm 99% of the time to anyone looking to purchase one. The only time I would even say you are ok buying a non adjustable arm is if you are on a really tight budget and you never ever plan to lower your car or make any other suspension modifications. There are a lot of factors that change when modifying your suspension, and ride height changes being the biggest. wen your car gets lowered, your pinion angle will change. The adjustable torque arm will correct this. Some people get away with a non-adjustable arm and a relocation crossmember with multiple mounting positions for the front of the arm. While you can correct pinion angle this way, it is not as precise, and also affects your instant center and anti-squat geometry at the same time. Which if you are just making a show car or daily driver, may not be a big deal. But if you plan on doing any kind of performance driving, you will want to keep the adjustment of the other parameters separate.

In short:Yes, get the adjustable arm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the explanation Eric, I didn't know all that. Now I know what to get since the car is lowered and does get tracked.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric knows his stuff. I was on the phone with him for a while yesterday talking suspension with him on my car.

Quick Reply: Adjustable vs Non-adj Torque arms