Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Airbar ride height issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbar ride height issues

I have a 67 camaro that I have done a ls swap in this last winter/spring. After install went on test drive and found rear suspension lacking in stability after new engine and trans(all over the place) so I decided to install ridetech airbar and a set of QA1 coil overs to mach front coil overs. My first issue was that rearend moved forward and had to have driveshaft shortened. After that issue resolved I have found that the ride height is all out of wack from left to right low on left and high on right. I swapped coilovers from left to right no change. I can preload left side and put no load on right but still higher on right and after test drive settles out and it goes higher on right and lower on left? WTF I am not sure what is going on this kit is pretty much a bolt on and weld 4 tabs to top of diff for pinion angle. I can remove the coilovers and get diff to drop down as far as bars allow and also stuff diff in wheel wells too so I am at a loss. There should be no reason for what I have going on unless new springs are to weak but would think it would just sit low on both sides. ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS HERE PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR 2 CENTS

Quick Reply: Airbar ride height issues