Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension

I have a 2002 z28 m6 ... It has some performance goodies on it but I really want to make this car handle better . I have great tires purchased for the car but I want to know what should I do suspension wise to make it handle better ... Coilovers or some konis or eibach pro kit .. Or something from bmr
Old 09-21-2014, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Use the search feature in the suspension section.
If you are on budget get good shocks first before anything else, they are the foundation to a good handling setup and will make or break the setup. They will also make the biggest difference out of anything you could do (look into Koni SAs).
Here is arguably the best handling bolt-in kit you could get:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=90&ModelID=7
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=67&ModelID=7
You're not going to find a more knowledgeable vendor than Sam Strano. He's won multiple national SCCA titles in his LS1 Camaro, no other vendor can come close to that...
Old 09-23-2014, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Thank you .. Looks like I know what I'm getting
Old 09-23-2014, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1meanz28
Thank you .. Looks like I know what I'm getting
We can definitely help you get set up with everything you need to make the car handle. Whether you are looking for something more budget oriented or something more all out we have the stuff in stock to get you squared away. Either give me a call here at the shop or shoot me an e-mail and I can put something together for you.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

x2 for strano parts and koni shocks
Old 09-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

https://ericpaynephotography.files.w...ocross-113.jpg

UMI can help as well...
Old 09-25-2014, 02:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Happy to help. A few things to know first. I'm one guy, and I talk to customers about what they want, need, expect (and already have if anything), and that all takes a lot of tie. I also pack boxes, do outside work for other companies, etc. So I'm not always available at any given second. But I will call you back, and I will not just push a lot of crap on you because I can. In fact I guarantee that if you call me and certain others you'll be surprised by what you hear me say you don't need (as in have to have, die in a fire if you don't) kind of need.

I carry the full UMI line of products for the situations anything there is appropriate for the use you have in mind, as well as lots of things from lots of vendors that I just can't get up on my website. I have more product lines than any other vendor here, I can pretty comfortably say that.

814 849 3450. If you don't get me, leave a message and I'll call you back.

I will ask you really think about what it is you have currently. How it behaves and how you want it to behave. Also, the truth is budget matters. Not so much because I want t know how much I can sell, that's for some others to do. But I need to know how to best allocate the funds you have to get the best result we can. Often we spend less than the number I'm given, sometimes the number barely gets you decent shocks. It just depends on that number.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-01-2014, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on a Strano setup (konis+springs) and I really dig the balance of the car.

32mm solid front bar (going to buy Strano's 35mm hollow soon) and 21mm rear

I also have the offset bushing upper control arms but from what I understand they are NLA
Old 10-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

I have BMR Springs, Koni SA Shocks, BMR Swaybars, UMI Panhard Bar with Roto Joints, UMI LCAs with Roto Joints, Founders LCA Relo brackets, UMI Boxed SFCs, and BMR TA and Relo Kit. Car handles like it is on rails. The steering improved. The car is flat in corners. It feels much lighter and "darts" now when I point it somewhere. And it hooks. I have 275 Nitto NT05s up front and 315 NT05Rs in the rear (which handle like the NT05 but flat out hook in a straight line). I have the torque arm and LCA mounts adjusted to hook without killing handling and the Konis adjusted for the spring rates.

And the best part? It doesn't rattle or squeak, and it actually rides better than it did on the stock suspension with decarbons.

Some would say you don't need all of that. But I say that buy going with things like the Roto-Joints and getting adjustability into the suspension, you can tweak it to work like you want without bind. The biggest thing tho is the shocks. Spend the money on the Koni SAs.

My next set of mods is a Turn One PS Pump and fully tubular A-Arms up front to reduce unsprung weight further and provide additional adjustment points.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Recently changed from KYB's with stock springs to Strano's with Koni Str.t's, and UMI solid sway bars (front sway bar cracked at the link, so I replaced them both). Already had Strut tower brace (SLP), bolt in subframe connectors (car is a convertible), boxed rear control arms and tubular Panhard bar. Car handles great on stock 16" wheels/tires.

Quick Reply: Suspension