Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment in the AM....any words....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment in the AM....any words....

of wisdom to pass on to the alignment tech?

Most everyone here already seen my posts and know what I have going on. Front end is all new bushings, upper/lower ball joints etc. etc... poly sway bar bushings and end links. Rear is new tubular control arms and pan hard bar poly bushings on them and poly sway bar bushings & end links. All 4 springs are stock and all 4 shocks are near new decarbons. The one thing I haven't mentioned anywhere is tire/wheel size. All 4 are 17" rears are 9" wide fronts are 8". Rear tire size is 275 40 17 fronts are 245 45 17.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:55 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Suggest the specs you want. Check/readjust thrust angle. Be prepared for them to not get front 100% where want due to non-adjustable front control arms. Don't worry about decarbons.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Suggest the specs you want. Check/readjust thrust angle. Be prepared for them to not get front 100% where want due to non-adjustable front control arms. Don't worry about decarbons.
I don't really know what specs to suggest? What do you mean they wont get it right??? What should I expect? Pulling or something??? This is the same shop that pressed all the bushings in/out for me too....
Old 09-25-2014, 09:51 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The biggest thing is to make sure the shop is familiar with how to align these cars. The caster/camber adjustment is done all from the slotted lower control arm mounts at the k-member. This limits adjustability, but if the suspension has not been dramatically lowered (more than 1.5") it should still be able to be adjusted with the factory parts. Toe is pretty straight forward. Thrust angle can be checked, but there really isn't much way to adjust it unless you have adjustable lower control arms.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Alignment in the AM....any words....