Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Default Initial starting point for suspension set up for dummies (me)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Default Initial starting point for suspension set up for dummies (me)

Hi all. I have a 2000 formula hard top six speed car that came with Koni double adjustable shocks and struts with unknown weight eibach springs up front and stock springs out back. I added a Moser 12 bolt with 4:10 gears and a auburn possi, adjustable panard rod, lower control arms, BMR adjustable tunnel mounted torque arm, and a Hellwig adjustable anti roll bar. I plan to run a 325/50 R15 MT DR. I will have a LS6 with 11:1 compression and a 150 shot. I want to leave off of a two step and bring in the nitrous at whatever rpm my tuner says is safe. I have been quite luck up to this point with all of my cars and they just so happen to dead hook, even my completely stock suspension third gen would wheel stand with no issue. I took this car out with the stock motor and just leaving off the two step with a 245/55R16 DR proved to be a spin fest. I am just wondering where a good starting point would be on my shock settings, pinion settings, and preload setting. Thanks for any advise
Old 11-24-2014, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn. 99 views and an answer ain't one! LOL

I guess it's off to the chassis shop.

Quick Reply: Default Initial starting point for suspension set up for dummies (me)