Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

eibach sportline

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eibach sportline

I was wondering if eibach sportline lowering springs would work on my trans am with 18 inch c5 deep dish rims, and if not what would i have to do?
Old 12-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by parker_blane
I was wondering if eibach sportline lowering springs would work on my trans am with 18 inch c5 deep dish rims, and if not what would i have to do?
They'll work until they sag. I had them and went to BMR's
Old 01-12-2015, 05:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are only getting them for looks, then sportlines will work.
other than looks, theyre not a good daily spring to get for f-bodies homie.
they're too soft, you'll bottom out a LOT, going fast will be a VERY bad idea, and that's about it.
Even pairing them with Koni SA's or DA's, your ride quality will be greatly compromised.

If you're really planning on using them, then it'll work but in the long run I can pretty much bet you that you won't be happy with those springs.

My .02
Old 01-12-2015, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Like everyone else said they will work but the likelihood that you will be happy with them isn't good and the ride/performance will get worse with age and mileage. They tend to sag after time which will throw off the ride height also. They are just kind of a mediocre spring all around.

If you haven't bought the Sportlines yet hit me up and I would be more than happy to see what I can do for you on a set of BMR lowering springs.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-17-2015, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

^^^+4...I had to learn the hard way too. I got a "great deal" on a set of new Eibachs. Installed them with a cheap set of Gabriel shocks too. Sagged in the rear from day 1 and rode like SH%*! Got to the point I hated driving the car! I bottomed out regularly over small bumps and the ride was harsh and handling was just as bad. The ONLY thing I learned from that experience was that I liked the lowered look on my car. Saved and spent money a second time on Strano springs and Koni shocks and I was finally able to enjoy my car again!

I wish I had just done it right the first time, but I thought I would save money the first time and still be happy...couldn't have been more wrong!

Quick Reply: eibach sportline