My current setup:
-M6, NA, 4.10, 26x10.5 ET bias ply on 16" stock wheels, GTO spares up front
-stock front shocks, strano springs, front sway bar removed
-UMI adj tunnel mount TA
-UMI adj panhard
-UMI adj lcas
-stock rear sway
-strano rear springs
-S60 with lca relocations (using bottom hole)
-MWC sfcs
-AC, AIR, EGR has been completely removed

The plan:
-26x11.5 ET drag on a 15x10 wheel
-viking or qa1 double adj coil overs up front
-Viking or qa1 rear adj shocks
-strano springs ok? Can't really afford 4 coil overs right now..
-remove bumper supports for some weight and possibly a fiberglass hood

I want to break into the 6.90s with a t56 before I swap to an 80e. The car will eventually be 80e and nitrous so I need the setup to work with that as well. I have had a best on 1.56 60' 7.22 @ 96mph. The car squats pretty bad and the sidewall of the tire almost disappears. I'm told this is a sign of not transferring weight fast enough. A stiffer and taller sidewall will help a lot as my tires now are pretty worn out. I need to get the rear end to plant and go instead of squatting. Any and all help is appreciated.. thanks
Old 01-06-2015, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your not transferring weight quick enough id get a mwc front end package with viking shocks. You'd be amazed how the stock front suspension binds, once I put that kit on mine I had way better movement. Takes around 80lbs of the front too I believe? That and new tires I think you could get there. Heck you already out 60 me so I wouldn't change much more than that. I need to try dropping my control arms, I have two more holes I can go down, that help you alot?
Old 01-07-2015, 09:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ I like this guy!

You for sure are in need of a good set of shocks and do not mess with any type of lowering spring. For the cost of the lowering springs we can get you into a 4 corner coil-over setup that will allow you do do a 4 corner ride height adjustment, not just the front. A M6 car is more dependent on chassis/tire control than anything else so this is one area you need to focus your efforts. QA1 is an ok shock, but that's about it. There are much better options out there and for the same or less cost.

Give us a call and we will be happy to go over all your need as and options to help reach your goals. We have the best deals and tech help available to make your experience the best possible!

Quick Reply: H/C M6 looking to get 60' in the 1.4s.. help