Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension help

Hi, I have a 99 Formula with almost 110k miles on it and its my daily driver. I have a few questions. I want it to handle better but also be able to go in the straight line. Ive already ordered koni orange shocks, strano springs and strano sway bars. I'm hoping that that will help with the handling, but the car also has trouble with hooking under any type of launch. I also believe that the car has pretty bad wheel hop. When it accelerates it feels like the back wheels are jumping. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on what mods would help me. The car has LCA and a Panhard bar, but they were put on by a previous owner so im not sure what kind of condition they are in. I was thinking that i should get the 1Le bushings but im not sure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I would recommend checking the condition of your current LCAs to make sure they are in good shape. If the bushings are beat up in them I would recommend replacing them before you do anything else. If the bushings look like they are in good shape I would recommend throwing on a set of LCA relocation brackets especially since the car is going to be lowered. Also if you are using a harder compound tire it will also contribute to the wheel hop. When are you noticing the wheel hop the most?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
I would recommend checking the condition of your current LCAs to make sure they are in good shape. If the bushings are beat up in them I would recommend replacing them before you do anything else. If the bushings look like they are in good shape I would recommend throwing on a set of LCA relocation brackets especially since the car is going to be lowered. Also if you are using a harder compound tire it will also contribute to the wheel hop. When are you noticing the wheel hop the most?
im running 305 bridgestone potenza s04 pole position in the back on a 19inch wheel. Most of the time i feel wheel hop when i start accelerating from a stand still, but sometimes it will even happen when im moving if i get onto the gas paddle hard enough. How do you check the LCA? do I just check the bushings?
Old 01-08-2015, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by vlad1995
im running 305 bridgestone potenza s04 pole position in the back on a 19inch wheel. Most of the time i feel wheel hop when i start accelerating from a stand still, but sometimes it will even happen when im moving if i get onto the gas paddle hard enough.
Check the LCAs and panhard rod and if they look good I would pick up a set of LCA relocation brackets because they should help out quite a bit with the wheel hop you are having. If you are wheel hopping now without the car being lowered it will be even worse once the car is lowered because the rear LCA angles will be thrown due to the change in ride height.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Check the LCAs and panhard rod and if they look good I would pick up a set of LCA relocation brackets because they should help out quite a bit with the wheel hop you are having. If you are wheel hopping now without the car being lowered it will be even worse once the car is lowered because the rear LCA angles will be thrown due to the change in ride height.
how do I go about checking them? do i just look at the bushings?
Old 01-08-2015, 01:49 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by vlad1995
how do I go about checking them? do i just look at the bushings?
I would visually inspect them and make sure there aren't any cracked or broken bushings and also check to make sure that the inner sleeve still fits nice and snug in the center of the bushing.

Quick Reply: Suspension help