Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Summit brand rotors

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015 | 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Default Summit brand rotors

Anyone use them? I'm changing factory rotors and pads and noticed these are the same price. Thinking about trying something different.

Car only gets driven on the track, no street use.
Old 01-21-2015 | 02:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Not so hot... If you want some, I am a Summit dealer too. I can supply their rotors to you for them same prices you would buy from them direct. And I'd appreciate your business as a site sponsor, etc.

That said, I'd recommend you stay away from drilled rotors in general as if you drive hard at all they will crack around the holes.

I'd recommend this to you instead. Rotors around the same price but tough and durable blanks (I've run track days with these rotors with race pads and they held up better than rotors that cost 3x as much) and the kit comes with Hawk HPS pads too.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=269&ModelID=7

We can do cheaper if you like, but you get less effective brakes. I could set you up with the Best Rotors and a set of PowerStop Z16's for about $300 all around... Same good rotors, the pads are nice and clean and wear well, etc... but have less stopping power than HPS, more like stock Corvette pads in comparison.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-21-2015 | 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Not so hot... If you want some, I am a Summit dealer too. I can supply their rotors to you for them same prices you would buy from them direct. And I'd appreciate your business as a site sponsor, etc.

That said, I'd recommend you stay away from drilled rotors in general as if you drive hard at all they will crack around the holes.

I'd recommend this to you instead. Rotors around the same price but tough and durable blanks (I've run track days with these rotors with race pads and they held up better than rotors that cost 3x as much) and the kit comes with Hawk HPS pads too.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=269&ModelID=7

We can do cheaper if you like, but you get less effective brakes. I could set you up with the Best Rotors and a set of PowerStop Z16's for about $300 all around... Same good rotors, the pads are nice and clean and wear well, etc... but have less stopping power than HPS, more like stock Corvette pads in comparison.
Sam thanks for the info! I think we are going back with the stockers and just replacing the rears to get the car going. But when I do upgrade hopefully later this season I will definitely contact you.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Summit brand rotors