Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anti Roll Bar Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anti Roll Bar Questions

I'm looking for advice and or suggestions on Anti Roll Bars. I was looking at possibly the BMR Extreme, but a buddy suggested that I look at the Wolf Race Craft or something like that. What's ya'll suggestions? Car is a street/weekend track car. My car is twisting up pretty bad when I leave the line and I want to stop that.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the bmr xtreme recently. Only one track outing since then but it left flat at the neutral setting. Also best 60 on less nitrous. I daily drive the car and its quiet. I have one flat of preload in the passenger side just so it doesn't rattle. This bar seems much more street oriented but the Wolfe is lighter.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

We offer a fully bolt on ARB for any rear end(as long as it has original style sway bar mounts) that is extremely light, easy to adjust, can swap to any rear end you purchase in the future, creates no exhaust fitment issues, and easy to uninstall if you need to take it off..
Old 01-22-2015, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Here's the Midwest Chassis bar:

Old 01-22-2015, 09:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama99z
I'm looking for advice and or suggestions on Anti Roll Bars. I was looking at possibly the BMR Extreme, but a buddy suggested that I look at the Wolf Race Craft or something like that. What's ya'll suggestions? Car is a street/weekend track car. My car is twisting up pretty bad when I leave the line and I want to stop that.
If you drive you car on the street much at all you will not like that Wolfe Racecraft anti-roll bar. It is solid mounted so it is very noisy and unforgiving to drive on the street. As far as performance goes it is a proven anti-roll bar so I don't have anything bad to say about it there but it just has really bad street manners. This anti-roll bar also has to be welded in so the installation can be more of a pain.

Our BMR anti-roll bar is quite a bit more street friendly and also performs very well. The polyurethane bushings that mount it to the rear make the street manners very good for a anti-roll bar. I was just dealing with a customer of ours that called me all excited this morning as he was able to dial in his 60ft times to a 1.16 consistently using our anti-roll bar. Another good thing about our BMR anti-roll bar is that it 100% bolt-in so it is a very easy install.

If you decide you want a BMR anti-roll bar let me know and I would be more than happy to see what I could do for you.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:05 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I run the BMR 35/25 sway combo... first because they handle well with the 275/315 combo my car has (it's fairly neutral - square setup might be more jittery) and second, the 25mm rear is beefy.

It's not a full drag bar, but it offers more roll control than some others out there. So I find that it's a pretty good compromise for handling and straight line performance (because both are important to me).

Quick Reply: Anti Roll Bar Questions