Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Install on car adj panhard bar and lca

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install on car adj panhard bar and lca

I have on car adj lca and panhard bar that I will be installing saturday. My car is already lowered. Just want to know the best way to do this and get my wheels even on both sides. I also have relocation brackets for the lca but i'm thinking those will be pretty easy. First time doing this need some suggestions.

Last edited by 01WS6STANBO; 02-13-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

The brackets are easy to put in. Lower the diff all the way and use something to rotate the diff up in the front to get the LCA to go in the hole. The panhard bar is simple. Jack the trar of the car up.Hang a plum bob on the top center of each rear fender. Measure from the string to the center cap of the wheel. Note the difference between the left and the right side. Turn the bar to center the diff. Measure from the string to the center of the wheel till the left side and right side have and equal measurement.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Teching In

TE=Cajun ELESS-ONE;18665074]The brackets are easy to put in. Lower the diff all the way and use something to rotate the diff up in the front to get the LCA to go in the hole. The panhard bar is simple. Jack the trar of the car up.Hang a plum bob on the top center of each rear fender. Measure from the string to the center cap of the wheel. Note the difference between the left and the right side. Turn the bar to center the diff. Measure from the string to the center of the wheel till the left side and right side have and equal measurement.[/QUOTE]

Seems pretty easy although I never lowered the diff before.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Centering the dif should be done at ride height.

Cajun is correct on how to measure the position of the dif.

I would jack the car up and place jack stands under the axel tubes, make sure its level. Check the centering of the dif. If you adjust the panhard raise the car so the suspension is extended and then lower it so its resting on the suspension. Check the centering again.

After adjusting the panhard it is important to work the suspension so it settles to its correct position. It can take several tries to get it exactly where you want it.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Adjustable LCAs... I just took the stock LCAs and put the bolt through them and lined up the adjustable LCA to match. That's a good starting point. Then install them on the car and see how centered in the wheel well the tire is. If it's a 26" tire, it'll be fine. If 28" you might actually need to extend the LCA as the front of the tire is usually closer to the fender than the rear.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Adjustable LCAs... I just took the stock LCAs and put the bolt through them and lined up the adjustable LCA to match. That's a good starting point. Then install them on the car and see how centered in the wheel well the tire is. If it's a 26" tire, it'll be fine. If 28" you might actually need to extend the LCA as the front of the tire is usually closer to the fender than the rear.
What he said. Use stock LCA's as a template.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:14 AM
Teching In

I have drive on lift available will that work fine when doing this

Quick Reply: Install on car adj panhard bar and lca