Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Str.t/BMR Spring preparation questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015 | 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Koni Str.t/BMR Spring preparation questions

So some background information here. I am currently running stock shocks with Eibach sportline springs and all other stock suspension components. SOOOO its time to rebuild it all. I will be replacing the following components with BMR or UMI brands (havent decided yet) adjustable panhard rod, lcas, sway bars and of course the dampers and springs and the other necessary components.

Which leads me to this: I have the struts and springs on hand. I need help making sound decisions on putting the front assemblies together.

Above I assume I am supposed to have some sort of isolator between the strut cup and the spring. I think a MOOG K80927 is the correct piece here.

Now this is where the real confusing on my part begins. I assume I have the spring on with the right side up in the above picture. I believe the next thing that goes on after the spring is the strut cover. Now I have a washer and some sort of cap that goes on after it. Then I know the strut mount goes on last with the strut insulator (MOOG K6573).

Is there some sort of schematic that shows everything needed when replacing the entire strut assembly. I have tried the search, gathered a good amount of information but I am still somewhat confused on everything I will need for this.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-01-2015 | 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am about to embark on a similar project as you. I too am installing Koni STR.Ts and am using this thread as a guide. Hopefully it will help answer your questions.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-6-5-15-a.html
Old 10-01-2015 | 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to say that you have the spring upside down (even though the writing is right-side up.) You'll know immediately when you put on the spring seat piece and the shock mount, both are moulded to fit the spring with the shock mount containing the smaller wound part of the spring
Old 10-01-2015 | 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
I am about to embark on a similar project as you. I too am installing Koni STR.Ts and am using this thread as a guide. Hopefully it will help answer your questions.

Hey thanks, that really helped

Originally Posted by Corvett z07
I want to say that you have the spring upside down (even though the writing is right-side up.) You'll know immediately when you put on the spring seat piece and the shock mount, both are moulded to fit the spring with the shock mount containing the smaller wound part of the spring
I thought the spring was upside down but I wasn't exactly sure.
Old 10-09-2015 | 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher

Just a heads up. I just recieved the same moog spring seats in this thread and the plastic piece is glued to the metal seat you would discard for this install.
Old 10-09-2015 | 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Captain Slow
Just a heads up. I just recieved the same moog spring seats in this thread and the plastic piece is glued to the metal seat you would discard for this install.
? Mine weren't. I'll admit the plastic piece was in there tight, nothing a butter knife couldn't pry loose
Old 10-09-2015 | 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Corvett z07
? Mine weren't. I'll admit the plastic piece was in there tight, nothing a butter knife couldn't pry loose
I was wrong. I ended up using one of those door panel removal tools that had the right angle to get at the seam in the center and a small dead blow to free it up.

They were stuck on there pretty good. Lucky me.
Old 10-09-2015 | 09:47 PM
Launching!

I did a few of the mods you plan on doing. I made a write up with links to the how to's that people have done. Hope this helps. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...how-links.html
Old 10-09-2015 | 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. I will be getting into the rear tomorrow
Old 10-10-2015 | 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well the rear springs went on in like 30 min. I just did them because I'm going on a road trip today and didn't want to hit the deterorated bump stops from those damn sagging eibach sportline springs anymore lol

Quick Reply: Koni Str.t/BMR Spring preparation questions