Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering springs create rear end vibration.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by clg82
you lost me at "my wife drives it more than me"
That is because she does... I have a 02 Formula with 23k original miles on it and a 05 GTO that are both standard. She can not drive a standard. So it is more for her to drive around in the summer then me. I do drive it once in a while, when I feel like being lazy and not shifting...
Old 04-10-2016, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Oddly enough lowering springs cured the vibration I was getting with my stock setup at less than 33K miles.

That or something I changed did:

I added MWC SFC's, Hellwig F/R swaybars, Koni SA 4/4 shocks, BMR springs, Founders roto-ball LCA's, double rod-end adjustable panhard bar, and LCA relacting brackets.

Still using the stock stamped torque arm though.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JROC
Oddly enough lowering springs cured the vibration I was getting with my stock setup at less than 33K miles.

That or something I changed did:

I added MWC SFC's, Hellwig F/R swaybars, Koni SA 4/4 shocks, BMR springs, Founders roto-ball LCA's, double rod-end adjustable panhard bar, and LCA relacting brackets.

Still using the stock stamped torque arm though.
How much lower did you drop your vehicle?
Old 04-11-2016, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Cferrel4
How much lower did you drop your vehicle?
It's supposed to be 1.2" but I didn't measure. I will tell you that I initially did the heater hose mod but it dropped my rear too much for my liking in relation to the front so I immediately jacked the rear back up and put the factory insulators back on. I like it. Stock my car would start to vibrate at about 80 mph.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:16 AM
Launching!

I left the insulators in when I did the drop. Hoping to get back to the car this week or next and put some new rear rotors in it and change the differential fluid.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:40 AM
Launching!

I changed the rear rotors last night since the one had some minor pitting on it. Still trying one thing at time. Drove it last night, still hearing this "womp womp womp" at highway speeds 55 mph to 65 mph when you let off the gas and are coasting. I doubled checked air pressures and spin balanced the tires.

Going to remove the rear differential cover and change the rear differential fluid this afternoon when the shop gets slower.

I feel like I am really just reaching for the stars on this one now. Maybe that slight change in pinion angle while the car was lowered was enough to create this issue.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs create rear end vibration.