Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered or stock height

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lowered or stock height

I have a ws6 that I bought as a roller and it came with BMR lowering springs. I'm building the car for street use and lots of track use. The pros of a lowered car is that it looks great. The cons are, I have ZERO clearance for my over the axle true duals, and the other is that if I want to run a 28" tire I need to roll my fenders. Are lowering springs any good for the track?
Old 12-17-2015, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drag racing i'd say no because you wouldnt have as great of weight transfer with the stiffer spring rate. Coils or drag springs would probably be better.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by spina74
I have a ws6 that I bought as a roller and it came with BMR lowering springs. I'm building the car for street use and lots of track use. The pros of a lowered car is that it looks great. The cons are, I have ZERO clearance for my over the axle true duals, and the other is that if I want to run a 28" tire I need to roll my fenders. Are lowering springs any good for the track?
As long as you have a set of decent shocks that are adjustable you can get a lowered car to work very well at the track. Many people think that lowering a car really hurts the launching/weight transfer of a car and that is the case if you are using stock shocks but if you get some decent shocks on the car you can get it to hook. Most of the customers we deal with work with a ride height lower than the factory and many of them are cutting 1.2X-1.3X 60ft times with some even better. It really comes down to the setup and combination of parts.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Lowered or stock height