Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vogtland Lowering Spings....Any feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Vogtland Lowering Spings....Any feedback?

Does anyone have any feedback on ride quality and stance from the Vogtland springs. I'm going to upgrade my shocks here soon on my 96 Z28 and I might as well replace the springs while I'm at it. I have old DMS springs, which have a good stance (after the rear springs had to but cut) but I think my ride quality has suffered. If anyone could give me some feedback on these it'd be appreciated. I only found a couple pics of F-body's with them installed after a lot of searching.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2016, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you like the height of the springs keep them and upgrade the shocks, that should drastically change ride quality (especially if they are stock) and see if you like the way it rides then.
And why vogltland springs?
Old 02-25-2016, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
If you like the height of the springs keep them and upgrade the shocks, that should drastically change ride quality (especially if they are stock) and see if you like the way it rides then.
And why vogltland springs?
I think that they'd give me the drop that I want and hopefully not sag down the road which I understand can happen with Eibach springs. I went through 2 sets of BMR's and they'd never level out and the price is right on the Vogtland's.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

The Vogtland quality is very nice. But the rates are not to my liking which is why when I was having them make my springs, the springs were very, very different in both front and rear rates. In fact I still carry Vogtland springs if you really want a set but I think you can do better with a more specifically developed application like my springs.

If you want to see what they look like it's easy to find a lot of pics. There are threads here about Strano Springs, hell you can Google that and click on "images" and a lot of them come up. I don't give any specific number on the drop because that takes into account the starting height, which can vary a ton due to so many different OEM springs, the fact those springs might be worn, cut, or have been replaced with some other lowering spring already. So to me a picture showing the result is the best answer to what it'll look like.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-26-2016, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The Vogtland quality is very nice. But the rates are not to my liking which is why when I was having them make my springs, the springs were very, very different in both front and rear rates. In fact I still carry Vogtland springs if you really want a set but I think you can do better with a more specifically developed application like my springs.

If you want to see what they look like it's easy to find a lot of pics. There are threads here about Strano Springs, hell you can Google that and click on "images" and a lot of them come up. I don't give any specific number on the drop because that takes into account the starting height, which can vary a ton due to so many different OEM springs, the fact those springs might be worn, cut, or have been replaced with some other lowering spring already. So to me a picture showing the result is the best answer to what it'll look like.
Thanks for the feedback. I have looked at your springs, I just don't think that they'll get me as low as I want, especially in the front. The pics below are how my car sits now on the DMS springs and I wouldn't mind to go a tad lower in the front. I just worry that the cut rear DMS springs that I have now will compromise ride quality, otherwise, I'd leave the DMS springs when I install the Koni STR.T's.

Name:  MyHoodDone_zpslas645tx.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  69.8 KB
Name:  MyHoodDone4_zpslyl8buzb.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  61.7 KB