Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Replacing End Links

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing End Links

I have a 2000 WS6, and recently replaced the front and rear springs/shocks..I have a very annoying squeak still coming from the front end...The sway bar looks like it has recently been replaced...I have only had the car a few months. I did notice when I was installing new front brakes that the sway bar end links rubber was very bad...Would those cause all the squeaking? When im driving slow down our road, it sound like an old box spring...even sitting dead still, I can turn the steering wheel and hear it...Its embarrassing. Are the end links pressed in? I didn't really look that good when changing the brake pads out...
Old 03-20-2016, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the sway bar end links are not pressed in. nor do i think the end links are possible for making noise, why people continue to suggest that idk probably because it's an easy part swap they can charge money for. the two D bushings holding the middle of the sway bar to body or axle usually have a cloth piece in them and they are unlikely to make any noise. if you can get under the car they are easy to pull out and inspect and grease. if you know the squeak is from the front end, i would look at the control arm bushings. if the noise is from rear of the car, then that's usually the bushings in the rear control arms and panhard bar and each of those 3 arms can be removed one at a time and you can grease the bushing and reinstall.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, my sway bar end links front and back squeaked like crazy. The D shaped mounting bushings as well. Swapped them out for Prothane poly with plenty of supplied grease on my stock bars and it's totally quiet now.

It's easy to check if they're the culprits. While the car is in the air, use a jack to slowly raise a wheel while you're touching the nearby end link. When it creaks, you can actually feel it.

Quick Reply: Replacing End Links