Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Burkhart Chassis A-Arm Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Burkhart Chassis A-Arm Install

Hey guys, this is my first rodeo with totally adjustable upper and lower a arms and I am looking for some baseline information for installation. What are you guys doing to get the adjustments close enough? Just adjusting it all the way in a locking the jamb nuts? I don't want to put this all together and have my alignment guy hate me.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2016, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can pull measurements from ball joint stud to each mounting point of your old factory arms. This should get you somewhat close to what you had and will probably be real safe to get it to the shop to get aligned. I know with our arms customers usually just install them the way we send them out and drive it in. Now if your alignment shop isn't close to you that could be a whole different scenario.

You should be able to tell if something is way out of spec when you install the new components just by eye when the car is on the ground at ride height.

Craig
Old 03-17-2016, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the response, that was my initial thought as well. However, this k-member is the 1 inch narrowed version and I do not have my stock stuff around.

Alignment shop is 2 miles away and will be trailer. No big deal there.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Who makes the narrow k-member? Not sure that I understand the reasoning. Does it just bring the front suspension component closer together?
Old 03-18-2016, 06:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1999nbmZ
Who makes the narrow k-member? Not sure that I understand the reasoning. Does it just bring the front suspension component closer together?
The K member is not narrowed. The A Arms are an inch narrowed per side to pull the wheels in. This setup is for drag racing. We make this setup.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got it all roughed in, stock spindles are a bit close to the coil overs for my liking, nothing a little grinding on the back of the spindle won't take care of.

I may just have to bite the bullet and order some of y'alls spindles.

Quick Reply: Burkhart Chassis A-Arm Install