Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

koni spring seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default koni spring seats?

Hey, guys I just received my Koni SA from WS6 store (great service and price btw) and I have a question. Originally I was under the impression that the struts come with the spring seats, but it seems like they dont. Do i get stock replacements? And how do I adjust the shocks, they are on the car adjustable one.

Last edited by vlad1995; 03-16-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They come with the black metal cup that sits on the snap ring, but they don't come with the spring seat that fits in the black metal cup. I just got Moog ones off Rocakauto, you'll have a spare metal cup if you get those. Or you could disassemble your old shock assembly and reuse those, that's another option.

Yes they are on-car adjustable, PITA without ***** the first time but once you're used to it, it's very easy. Hardest part is aligning your bottom two shock bolts, shock mount bolts on top, and the adjustment window on the shock itself. The adjustment window should be facing away from the car or towards the rear of the car when everything is aligned up. If not, then adjustments will more than likely not be possible at all as the spring will be in the way of the adjustment slot - this is for the front.

Edit - Rears are much easier, they come with a ****. Slide the **** on top of the shock shaft and turn, that's it. Fronts require an allen wrench or something small and sturdy of that nature. Put it in the little hole and push the end of the allen wrench

Last edited by Corvett z07; 03-16-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You can also get them at NAPA. They are not expensive. For the springs seats and isolators there is no real reason they need to be the moog ones. Just thick pieces of rubber in the back and plastic in the front. The only reason I didn't reuse my front springs seats is because I didn't feel like spending hours try to get my rusted *** struts apart. I reused my rear springs isolators, cleaning and lubed (giggedy) them up.

Bushing and Ball-joints I would only use moog or better.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Corvett z07
They come with the black metal cup that sits on the snap ring, but they don't come with the spring seat that fits in the black metal cup. I just got Moog ones off Rocakauto, you'll have a spare metal cup if you get those. Or you could disassemble your old shock assembly and reuse those, that's another option.

Yes they are on-car adjustable, PITA without ***** the first time but once you're used to it, it's very easy. Hardest part is aligning your bottom two shock bolts, shock mount bolts on top, and the adjustment window on the shock itself. The adjustment window should be facing away from the car or towards the rear of the car when everything is aligned up. If not, then adjustments will more than likely not be possible at all as the spring will be in the way of the adjustment slot - this is for the front.

Edit - Rears are much easier, they come with a ****. Slide the **** on top of the shock shaft and turn, that's it. Fronts require an allen wrench or something small and sturdy of that nature. Put it in the little hole and push the end of the allen wrench
Do the moog spring seats fit? Ive read that I might have to trim them
Old 03-17-2016, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by matt1289
You can also get them at NAPA. They are not expensive. For the springs seats and isolators there is no real reason they need to be the moog ones. Just thick pieces of rubber in the back and plastic in the front. The only reason I didn't reuse my front springs seats is because I didn't feel like spending hours try to get my rusted *** struts apart. I reused my rear springs isolators, cleaning and lubed (giggedy) them up.

Bushing and Ball-joints I would only use moog or better.
Did yours fit in the seat or did you have to trim them?
Old 03-17-2016, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They fit, it's the Koni Str.t's that they don't fit
Old 03-17-2016, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Corvett z07
They fit, it's the Koni Str.t's that they don't fit
Okay great, thank you

Quick Reply: koni spring seats?