Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Cts-v brakes on a corvette c5?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cts-v brakes on a corvette c5?

Hi.

first off all, would you guys think it would worth the effort and get better performance than c5 base calipers? iīm thinking 4 piston calipers on front and rear. and if their are someone who succeeded to do this swap?
Old 04-13-2016, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think it would be possible without some serious modification to your spindle since the bracket for the fbody/cts brakes would interfere with the bracket on the corvette spindle unless you push the rotor way out with spacers... but I would not recommend this at all. Your best bet would be to upgrade to the C6 brakes or even better the C6 Z51 or Z06 brake package as those are basically a bolt on for you as long as your wheels will clear.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Launching!

The cts-v brembo's will bolt onto the corvette spindle, but then you would need a 15.2in rotor for the 4 piston, or 15.8in rotor for the 6 piston with the correct offset. No such thing exists.

The C6 brakes are identical to the c5 brakes other than slightly stiffer calipers.

I run Z51 brakes on my C5 Z06 under stock wheels, with the right pads they'll stop the car at Road Atlanta from 147mph over and over again. But then so will the stock brakes with the right pads and good enough cooling.

Here are the 13.4in Z51 fronts under 17in wheels.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...-at-kore3.html

The CTS-V question has also been covered on the corvette forum.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...s-on-a-c5.html
Old 04-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Teching In

i have read a lots of threads the past few days. and yes. the spindles need some mods. do you guys thinks that would be possible to use the c5 stock rotors (12" and 12.79"). and go with the ctsv vcalipers. or would the rotors be to small? i have seen that it will fit perfectly with a camaro / c6 z06 14" disc. i donīt want any overhang on the brake pads. and i donīt talk about adapters etc right now. just the calipers and discs.

Last edited by ChrisO; 04-19-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChrisO
i have read a lots of threads the past few days. and yes. the spindles need some mods. do you guys thinks that would be possible to use the c5 stock rotors (12" and 12.79"). and go with the ctsv vcalipers. or would the rotors be to small? i have seen that it will fit perfectly with a camaro / c6 z06 14" disc. i donīt want any overhang on the brake pads. and i donīt talk about adapters etc right now. just the calipers and discs.
No it wont work with a 12in rotor period

Quick Reply: Cts-v brakes on a corvette c5?