Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Opinions on suspension setup purchase!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on suspension setup purchase!

Looking to dive into suspension a little and tinker with some stuff. Im not really looking for major overhaul of suspension at this point, just some easy bolt on parts. Ive decided on some of Spohn, G2, and maybe 1LE parts tell me what you think. Springs shocks and lowering will probably come in in the future when I dump the SLP LTs. The car is mainly a daily driver not to much time drag racing at the strip, but I love finding back roads and hittin the twisties hard. So Id have to say I want a road race setup as I eventually would like to get into it. Check it out: I only have BMR strut tower brace should I look at the following

G2 SWAYBARS OR POSSIBLY SPOHN IN THE FRONT AND 1LE IN REAR

SPOHN LCAS AND PANHARD

OR SAVE FOR COMPLETE G2 WHICH IM NOT TO THRILLED ABOUT

I heard a lot of having to balance aftermarket suspension parts out right so you get the desired level you want. I heard of people running big front sway bars and the smaller 1LE or even the stocker in the rear. I wanna try to keep fish tailin to a minimum. Any sugestions or ideas would be appreciated Thanks.
Old 06-20-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't generally like to mix and match suspension products. Companies make their products to compliment one another and if you use different brands there's a chance they won't work together as well. I say pick a brand and stick with it. I personally went with Spohn for my setup. It's a really high quality product and it fits perfectly. I suggest for starters you get Spohn LCAs, relocation brackets (has a slot for drag racing and a slot for road racing so you can use it for both), panhard bar, and subframe connectors. That should help put all your power to the ground and eliminate wheel hop all together. The Spohn stuff has been the best mod I have done so far to my car. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes.