Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

G body suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default G body suspension mods

Hi , I'm Trying to fig what route to take with my 83 cutlass suspention. I would like to do coil overs, neg roll upper control arms, c5 front brakes with tall spindles etc. first question is ride tech coilovers worth the extra $?
What a arms.? Global west.? Umi? ride tech? I am lost when it comes to handling mods. Car has an ly6/ whipple 2.9, strange s60/4l85. Just handles like **** .lol I need some help in this dept. just don't want to spend a bunch of money on a bunch of parts that won't work well together. I want a fast car that handles pretty good.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I would do the RT coilovers over the QA1 stuff, their hybrid spring design isn't ideal. I run the QA1 SA coilovers on my sonoma and they're decent but leave a lot on the table. The RT setup is designed with a longer stroke so it controls movement better (at least that's my understanding from what I've read). Convert to the double-shear upper shock mount as well.

Call Mark at SC&C and get him to spec you a package that works well together. RT may not make an UCA that's designed around tall spindles.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello there,

We specialize pretty heavy in the G-Body. Give us a call or send an e-mail to craig@umiperformance.com

We can help with all those items, we change geometry in our a-arms, build a good C5 kit and can also add spindle height to your factory spindles using tall ball joints.

We will be glad to help you,
814-343-6315

thanks!
Old 08-12-2016, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Ryan mentioned, We have a 79 Monte track car that we are always testing and developing new products for.

Give me a call at ext. 101 and we can discuss what you are trying to accomplish with your build. We have some new coil-over options that are very affordable and have been working awesome on G-Body's.

Craig
Old 08-13-2016, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ahhhh... Thee ole G body shuffle
Old 08-15-2016, 06:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Strano Performance Parts has UMI, Hotchkis, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, just to name a few. I've, I think, helped UMI a bit with their Monte Carlo from shock valving to little details like shock bushings and such. And tomorrow we are testing and tuning on some Autocross stuff all day.

I've got suspension parts, shocks, brakes, all kinds of things. And while I'm not a G-body owner, I'm familiar with them. My best friend and co-driver when I race had a Grand National since it was new in 1987.

Handling is what I do. I don't much care about drag racing and that stuff. I think performance cars need to be able to drive down any road quickly.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: G body suspension mods