Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

OK you got me....sorry.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few years back i thought i was buying a new / improved / cool product "cryo" treated drilled & slotted rotors , well after just a couple brakestands i have a squeak after they warm up. next time i'll probably pop for wilwood slotted.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1121
OK you got me....sorry.
Since your car is a street car only you can certainly rebuy those drilled rotors if you like the way they look, but you won't get any performance benefit from them. If you want to improve braking then get some better pads, ceramic are usually total junk. Get something semi-metalic. This is something you can call Sam Strano about and discuss options on what works best for you.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Since your car is a street car only you can certainly rebuy those drilled rotors if you like the way they look, but you won't get any performance benefit from them. If you want to improve braking then get some better pads, ceramic are usually total junk. Get something semi-metalic. This is something you can call Sam Strano about and discuss options on what works best for you.

I can think of one benefit, like the gas escape path they were intended for also works for liquid. Having holes may help the pad grab quicker after running through a deep puddle.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1121
So I just thought I would start a thread and see what others experiences are.

years ago when i had chrome zr1 wheels i had polished the aluminum calipers and got these kind of zinc plated rotors with drills & slots off ebay.
pros were inexpensive for all 4 shipped to your door, and zinc plating so the hubs looked good.
the con was after around 10k miles the rear rotors especially groaned something awful when braking. it was this alone that resulted in me throwing them away and putting my oem rotors and oem pads back on. I don't think it was the pads which had 90% or more life left to them.
One good thing i might say are the rotors never did warp or give any kind of pulsation, but i never did abuse them nor get much life out of them either.

would be interested to see if you have a similar noise problem after a few thousand miles.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I did it I bought another set of Drilled & Slotted from brakelabs with Ceramic pads, cannot beat the price. The ones I bought from them years ago were just so darn good. I have a set from them also on my 2008 Corvette Z51 and could not be happier with the quality. Yes they look Cool and I'm OK with that.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what looks better then drilled and slotted rotors (and works better to)? 6 piston calipers! And yes with blank 2 piece rotors... Many people may not have problems cracking drilled and slotted rotors if the caliper isn't strong enough to do so. More clamping force = more heat = cracking. This is also where more pistons come in to play. More surface area to spread the load. Heat control is everything.

Name:  20160301_194145_zpsl2xitone.jpg
Views: 1382
Size:  191.2 KB
Old 11-23-2016, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

My fbods are for driving... So I have always used the Brake Motive rotors, pads on them and have always had great experience w them. Actually getting ready to pick up a set for my 97 WS6 that I just purchased. Conversely, I race my Z06 @ 1/2 mi events and for that I run the eradispeed 2 pc rotors... They are a little pricey, but they serve me well.

Quick Reply: Let's talk rotors