Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Umi kmembers w/ manual rack?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Umi kmembers w/ manual rack?

Want to order umi's stge 5 front suspension kit but I noticed they don't offer an option for manual rack mounts like other companies do. I just assumed that the manual racks don't mount in the same location as factory racks if u must specify to other companies? So just asking do they mount in same brackets as the hydraulic units? I need to know if there kmember will except a manual rack before I order thx guys!
Old 11-08-2016, 09:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The manual racks that are used for these cars are a pinto style rack which has a totally different mounting than the stock rack. You can get an adapter that goes from the stock rack mounting to the pinto style, but that adds some bulk to the setup.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 11-08-2016, 11:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28adiction
Want to order umi's stge 5 front suspension kit but I noticed they don't offer an option for manual rack mounts like other companies do. I just assumed that the manual racks don't mount in the same location as factory racks if u must specify to other companies? So just asking do they mount in same brackets as the hydraulic units? I need to know if there kmember will except a manual rack before I order thx guys!
We don't make a manual rack specific k-member but many customers incorporate manual rack brackets like madman & Co. make with our k-member to use manual racks.

Craig

Quick Reply: Umi kmembers w/ manual rack?