Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

To fix or not to fix? Have to redo my whole front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have new bolts from GMPartsDirect that I got when I did my front suspension. Thought I'd need them but I realized that mine were in good condition so I never used the new ones.

You can check really quick to see if you need new ones or not. The vertical one that usually goes bad, just take a torque wrench and try to undo the nut until it's still on the bolt and it's flush with the end of the bolt. Then take a hammer or something of that nature and tap on the end of the bolt to see if the whole bolt moves up. If it doesn't, your bolt is seized to the bushing. If the bolt moves, then you're probably okay to reuse the bolt. But you can justify that when you have the bolt in hand. I have brand new ones (with the tab on top) if you want them, shoot me a PM. I no longer own a F-Body so they're not really useful to me anymore. If you want dimensions I can find that out for you as well
Old 12-09-2016, 12:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 00firebird
Moog is now on my **** list and I won't be buying their parts anymore.
Good luck finding replacements then (assuming you are keeping the stock front suspension parts). Moog is pretty much the only option for decent stock replacements on a lot of wear items like bushings considering how old these cars are now.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I went with UMI control arms, no good OE style aftermarket

Quick Reply: To fix or not to fix? Have to redo my whole front suspension