Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads Compared to HPS or HP+

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads Compared to HPS or HP+

Don't want to bring up a new brake pad thread but I'm curious about Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, they seem new and I couldn't find too much good info on them, specifically compared to other Hawk products like the HPS and HP+ pads.

I'm finishing up my budget and getting the last bit of my stuff for my suspension and brake build this spring. I already have 4 piston CTS-V Brembo's going on so I will be getting pads for that caliper. Plans for the car include a weekend street car with some occasional autocross in mind.

Anyone run an HPS or HP+ pad and switched to an HPS 5.0 pad? Or just want to give their opinion on one of those pads or any other manufacture they've had luck with.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

It's moot unless you've run one or both of the others as a comparison. HPS 5.0 is a newer compound HPS. A bit cleaner, similar bite as HPS. HP+ is a whole 'nuther kettle of fish, and neither HPS version is that powerful/grabby (frankly I find them overly so).

I sell lots and lots of various brake pads. In the last year I've tried, no joke about 8 different sets on my various cars trying to keep up with the options. Some I like, some I hate, some are ok, etc. I have never been an HP+ fan (but if you want them I have them). I find them obnoxious. Squealy, grabby, can mess with ABS becasue they are "sticky" and sometimes don't release the rotor in a clean manner.

I can help if you want to call me. All I ask, and I have to actually ask, is that if you do want to talk options, that I'm considered for parts buying too. I hate to even have to say it but it's far too common and getting more common folks want the info but don't care to support those they got it from. And it takes me time and money to learn these things, can't do it for free. Mind you my prices are quite fair (very good actually). Hawk has a MAP pricing deal where nobody is allowed to advertise for less so if someone is way under on advertised price out there that's a no-no. They do this to try and keep the field level and so people buy parts based on service and knowledge, not who's got the best deal.

It's always the thing I've tried to make sure I offer. I will never be a bit web presence. Don't want to be. Want to do a good job at a fair price for my customers.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had some Wearever Platinum Professional Ceramic Brake Pads that lasted lasted about 3k miles(very dusty and noisy)then i switched to hps 5.0 and i switched my rotors to Centric Premium High Carbon Brake Rotors the last 1k miles(no dust no noise)(good grip)and i took to the track a couple times before i put it away for the winter

Quick Reply: Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads Compared to HPS or HP+