Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Is this the stock sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this the stock sway bar?

Doing a pulley swap and changing alternator and figured while I was under there I would upgrade my sway bars to UMIs. Got the stock sway bar off and it is heavier and just as beefy as the UMI. I know SS's came with a larger sway than z28s but is this the stock SS sway or aftermarket.
Attached Thumbnails Is this the stock sway bar?-img_1432.jpg   Is this the stock sway bar?-img_1433.jpg  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew2000
Doing a pulley swap and changing alternator and figured while I was under there I would upgrade my sway bars to UMIs. Got the stock sway bar off and it is heavier and just as beefy as the UMI. I know SS's came with a larger sway than z28s but is this the stock SS sway or aftermarket.
Valuable lesson here. Know what you have before buying parts. I always try and ask folks if they know what's there. That is not a stock bar, it is a Suspension Techniques 35mm solid bar. I.E. if you have the UMI solid bar, you basically bought what you already had.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-31-2017, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Sam,guess Ill have a sway bar for sale soon lol. I knew it looked big when I did my shocks and springs but I assumed it was the SS 32 mm. Live and learn

Quick Reply: Is this the stock sway bar?