Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How to tell if car is lowered

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017 | 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Default How to tell if car is lowered

I'm 99% sure the TA I bought is lowered. Is there any measurement that I could take with different wheels and tires on the car that I could compare to stock ride height? Waiting for this weekend to get the car on my father in laws lift to do a visual on the springs, but if that fails I'm going to be left trying to figure out for sure if it's lowered. Unfortunately the different wheels and tires I understand makes it hard to compare to stock so I didn't know if there was some kind of measurement I could take on the shock itself to compare. Any bright ideas?
Old 02-09-2017 | 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyberd0rk
I'm 99% sure the TA I bought is lowered. Is there any measurement that I could take with different wheels and tires on the car that I could compare to stock ride height? Waiting for this weekend to get the car on my father in laws lift to do a visual on the springs, but if that fails I'm going to be left trying to figure out for sure if it's lowered. Unfortunately the different wheels and tires I understand makes it hard to compare to stock so I didn't know if there was some kind of measurement I could take on the shock itself to compare. Any bright ideas?
Stock is about 27 and 3/4in from ground to top of the fender according to a thread a few posts down, give or take half an inch. Park your car on as even ground as you can and post your measurements back here. Also post your tire numbers, whatever they're called (245/50/R17) or whatever you have. Use those numbers from the tire that you measured from the ground to fender. I can make a pretty good guess if you're lowered or not from that info
Old 02-09-2017 | 02:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

I'd start by seeing what color the springs are, and if you can see any tags (GM) or other markings on them.

And one way that might tell you quickly is a look at the LCA angles, assuming no brackets.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-13-2017 | 06:07 AM
Staging Lane

Got the car on the lift and saw Eibach logos on the rear springs. The front was a little trickier since the Eibach logo was facing the rear. Had to get a little peaker mirror and spend a few minutes trying to get a good angle. Didn't find anything matching the numbers I pulled off the springs but I'm assuming if they're Eibach then they're definitely lowering springs.
Old 02-13-2017 | 01:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

That's correct. Red or black? At least we can figure out roughly how much lower you are than stock, but you are definitely dropped, as Eibach doesn't do non-lowering springs.
Old 02-13-2017 | 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Black springs
Old 02-13-2017 | 01:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

So either one of the 4 Pro-kits (stupid there are that many, shows ignorance of this platform) or maybe a set of the SLP version. But some sort of lowering spring that won't have you absolutely decked.
Old 02-13-2017 | 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Fitting ground clearance with the exhaust. I'm removing them and raising back up to stock height. Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: How to tell if car is lowered