Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spring noise 98 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring noise 98 camaro

i was wondering if anyone would know why i would be hearing a spring like noise coming from my 98 z28 ss camaro. the noise sounds like its coming from the rear. it only makes this noise when turning right at a low speed. thank you in advance
Old 04-04-2017, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are we talking a creaking noise? When you say spring noise all I can think of is wiley coyote cartoon and a batman style boing-oing type noise

Creaking can commonly be aged and worn rear sway bar links.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Moving to Suspension and Brakes
Old 04-09-2017, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure I had the same noise but mine would do it when I would get out of the car. Right as I'd get out of the car as the suspension unloaded I'd hear a Boiiiiing. It ended up being my LCA bushings. Found it after I hit it with some silicone spray and the noise went away and the ride smoothed out. They must have been binding, probably because the car sits for months at a time in the winter and never sees rain or snow. It also took care of the vibration I was getting around 70-75 mph. I was planning on getting new bushings figuring that it'd be only a temporary fix but it's been fine ever since and that was back in 2014. Car rides perfect but I think I have a strut mount going bad up front, getting some clunking over bumps from drivers side and a little wander on uneven roads. Try spraying the rear bushings one at a time then take a drive and see if it goes away. I'd start with the LCA's then the panhard.

Quick Reply: spring noise 98 camaro