Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Paging Sam Strano!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paging Sam Strano!

Hi Sam,sent a PM but got no replay so I copied here.
Well it's been a while but I have pretty much got everything I'm going to get for this Spring's power and handling upgrades on my '01 SS Camaro.
She goes in the shop at http://www.wongsperformance.com/ May 1st.
I just ordered your handling package HP4 springs and Koni off car adjustable shocks so my question is what would you recommend setting the shocks at before installing them?
I got lucky and bought some parts NIB from other's who had to cancel projects which includes a new set of your 35mm & 22mm hollow sway bars.
Other parts include a UMI K-member and upper and lower A-arms.
I've already installed a shock tower brace and one of your master cylinder braces.
I bought used but like new a BMR torque arm and relocation crossmember a BMR adjustable panhard rod and a set of UMI adjustable lower control arms.
Engine is getting LS6 Z06 heads and a nice cam and associated parts, Prothane motor and trans mounts and of course headers, ARH stainless steel with the no cats y-pipe.
Also going with an all new LS7 clutch kit and RAM 19.5 lb aluminum flywheel, a Tick adjustable master and new GM performance slave with the Tick speed bleeder and an MGW short throw shifter.
So that's the whole package, what should we set the shocks at do you think? Car is a weekend only hot rod street car used mainly on curvy back roads ,I live rural and will do very little city driving in it I'm more interested in handling than ride quality. I have no plans for track use but will flog it hard on twisty mountain roads a lot.
Sorry to be so long winded but I figure you might want to know all this to recommend a proper setting.
Thanks,Dean
Old 04-05-2017, 11:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I got your PM, but it's quite long and I've had alignment appointments the last two days that have had me tied up in the shop all day.

I don't do shock setting work publicly, I've been used for that too many times. And I really can't do it by email. Call the shop and keep the shocks nearby (or at least take some pics with your phone you can refer to when I call you back).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-06-2017, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Sam Strano;19584464]I got your PM, but it's quite long

OK will try to,just looking for a baseline. Using your springs ,sway bars and Konis. (HP4 Strano springs and Koni off car adjustable shocks) (Strano 35mm & 22mm hollow sway bars)
Had it all shipped to the shop doing the install, I haven't time to do it myself.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

[QUOTE=y2keglide;19584576]
Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I got your PM, but it's quite long

OK will try to,just looking for a baseline. Using your springs ,sway bars and Konis. (HP4 Strano springs and Koni off car adjustable shocks) (Strano 35mm & 22mm hollow sway bars)
Had it all shipped to the shop doing the install, I haven't time to do it myself.
Call me if you want details. This is not a PM thing. And frankly unless the shop does work on these often, and knows the Koni specifically it's often an issue with installation not going correctly.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-07-2017, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Sam Strano;19586119]
Originally Posted by y2keglide

Call me if you want details. This is not a PM thing. And frankly unless the shop does work on these often, and knows the Koni specifically it's often an issue with installation not going correctly.
OK, will call or have Tom Wong call when the time comes.
The shop http://www.wongsperformance.com/ is top notch, one of the best LS engine and Corvette performance guys on the West Coast and they do engine and suspension work on a lot of high end cars but Corvettes are their specialty. A couple months back he was joking about going on the dark side when he was doing a dynotune on a turbocharged Saleen S7.
I know he's worked on a lot of F bodies but not sure how often he does suspension packages on them,great guy and easy to work with.

Quick Reply: Paging Sam Strano!