Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Question

I have a 71 Chevelle with 275/60 15's on the rear and I wanna go a little wider but they rub on the fender wells so I need a way of raising the rear end with stiffer or bigger springs from another car or some other way, any advice or suggestions appreciated.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depending on the width/offset of the wheels you currently have, you may be able to do what you want, without having to raise the rear of the car. What wheels are you currently using?
Old 04-13-2017, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Antonio Caraballo
I have a 71 Chevelle with 275/60 15's on the rear and I wanna go a little wider but they rub on the fender wells so I need a way of raising the rear end with stiffer or bigger springs from another car or some other way, any advice or suggestions appreciated.
Without seeing a pic of your car it's hard to tell where your current ride height is.

You could raise the ride height in the rear with coil springs or a coil-over setup.You could also shim the rear springs but I would question how sagged out the current springs are with the issue your having with 15's.

For the A-Body platform we offer Factory height springs along with 1" and 2" lowering.

With a coil-over set-up you would be able to adjust the ride height from approx. factory height to 3" lower and anywhere in between.

If you need any info feel free to give me a call here at the shop, I have pictures I can send you of customers cars with our springs installed so you can get an idea of what the different springs will do for the stance of your car.

Craig

Quick Reply: Suspension Question