Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Mov It Brake Users - Any Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mov It Brake Users - Any Updates?

These are expen$ive kits but i've had my eye on them for quite awhile. I thinkI read they actually upgraded the kit awhile back.

Would you do it again? How about the rear brakes - are users satisfied these were worth it or is it just a bling mod?

Lastly, if you were to do it again, exactly what package would you get from Mov It? I don't think they'll be making them forever since the f-body is now heading towards Dinosaur status.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dave ... been a while since I've seen you post.

I have a knock off version of the Mov'it kit ... 996 GT3 front brakes from a source called Prospeed Motorsports. The company is now defunct.

However, there is a great source of information about these type brake here ...

http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=695&

I count myself extremely lucky. A driver in Florida decided to give up racing an F-Body and went Spec Miata racing. He needed some stock parts to put his F-Body back and I was able to trade parts and cash for the Prospeed kit. So, I got into the brake kit very reasonable.

It's a shame and quite understandable that vendors are reluctant to invest $$$ into a finite and shrinking customer base.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mitch, thanks for that link, read it and it makes it clear that the real value-add is the brackets & associated engineering.

I was close to getting a prospeed front kit right before they stopped production but decided to wait. Stoptech makes a similar front kit. Sounds like you made out with the used kit. I've been keeping my eyes opened for a used kit but best I've seen so far was a used set of big red calipers and rotors on ebay.

If anyone has a lead on a used front & rear kit plse let me know. I'm thinking this winter is time for k-member & arms plus big brakes all around.

Quick Reply: Mov It Brake Users - Any Updates?