Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

FINALLY the Strano/JD_AMG theory CONFIRMED

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:55 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Patrick G (admin) has been made aware of this thread. The JD account has a pattern that is problematic, I don't think it adds any value and based on the writing style it's a second account used by Sam.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Patrick G (admin) has been made aware of this thread. The JD account has a pattern that is problematic, I don't think it adds any value and based on the writing style it's a second account used by Sam.
Are you agreeing with bmr?
Old 07-26-2017, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

That's not proof at all. I can see how someone can read it one way or another, but seriously, it wouldn't stand up in court. Both Sam and JD are always helpful to people on the forum, they aren't the type of people you're going to get good press about when you attack them.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Are you agreeing with bmr?
Tony and I ran the site for a long time, we had frequent conversations around stuff like this. I'm not personally a fan of a person or 2nd account that excessively chearleads for a shop, like posts immediately when that shop makes a posts, bumps up the post, essentially is doing promoting for them. Now it's a different story if they are an employee.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's obvious to me they are into the same style of stuff, it's no surprise they post in similar threads. It does not make them the same person. It's surprising to me you took that view instead of one of someone who doesn't like childish vendor to vendor bashing. BMR could simply have PM'D someone and had them check IP addresses. Then the fact that the guy is telling you to check, then bmr is pulling back their position.....keep up john, keep up.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's obvious to me they are into the same style of stuff, it's no surprise they post in similar threads. It does not make them the same person. It's surprising to me you took that view instead of one of someone who doesn't like childish vendor to vendor bashing. BMR could simply have PM'D someone and had them check IP addresses. Then the fact that the guy is telling you to check, then bmr is pulling back their position.....keep up john, keep up.
BMR is not pulling back it's position at all. We simply said if we are incorrect and owe someone an apology, we will apologize. We still feel they are the same person and I asked JD_AMG to give me a call so we can discuss it. If he calls and I am wrong about the situation and what we have posted, I will apologize. But until then, we still believe Sam Strano and JD_AMG are the same person.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 07-26-2017, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

I am Sam,I am
Green Eggs and Ham.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

This sort of stuff only becomes a problem when a company or it's chearleaders hop the fence and start to post negative comments about other people's products. When I ran the site I took a strong view on this, I kept everyone out of each other's threads because otherwise the threads would boil over.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Understood. But this has no basis of fact. It's quite entertaining to me and I hope it gets resolved (publicly] as the man already volunteered an IP check. So check it, check log in times, whatever. And, I'm sure neither party involved will sleep any better with an apology, I bet they could care less.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I think a couple of people reacted too quickly and overly here. I'd certainly do an IP check before anything, and would have requested one if I thought a competitor was up to this type of shenanigans. I personally haven't ever noticed anything in JD's posts that makes me think he's pulling for one shop or another. And I have BMR products on my car, huge fan of their springs and customer service. Sam has helped me, PM'd me, about brake issues on my car. I clearly have no dog in this fight. I'd lock or delete this thread and have mods have personal conversation with all parties involved.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Patric G the one who does custom cams?
Perfect, i ordered a custom cam a few years back from him with this email address. He should have that and the billing/shipping address and name on credit card right?
Old 07-26-2017, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Patric G the one who does custom cams?
Perfect, i ordered a custom cam a few years back from him with this email address. He should have that and the billing/shipping address and name on credit card right?
And that's how the cookie crumbles my friends. Bravo bmr, bravo.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

JD, Al is awaiting your call. If this is a misunderstanding then we will gladly clear it all up and own it as such. He wants to directly speak to you about this

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-26-2017, 02:11 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Give a call to Al, let's try to figure this out.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Wow, you guys are unreal.

Why don't you ask Internet Brands how many accounts I have? Or a Mod?

BMR makes **** up, and this is a bald faced lie. Period.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 07-26-2017, 03:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BMR Suspension
BMR is not pulling back it's position at all. We simply said if we are incorrect and owe someone an apology, we will apologize. We still feel they are the same person and I asked JD_AMG to give me a call so we can discuss it. If he calls and I am wrong about the situation and what we have posted, I will apologize. But until then, we still believe Sam Strano and JD_AMG are the same person.
Ok, you do ahead and believe that then. Prove it. Because it's not true. But I am amused by the story and the lengths you will go to try and make yourself look better, somehow.

Not sure how telling lies about me does that. But hey dude, whatever.

"Standards to Prove Libel

To win damages against someone who has libeled you, you must prove the written statement was:

false
harmed your reputation or your business’s reputation
published to at least one other person
about you or your business specifically, and
made with some degree of fault and intention."

Keep it up, Allan because you just did ALL of the above.

Moderators, please do pull this thread, because it might well become evidence.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Lmao wow, im flattered i made such an impression on you scumbags.
If you read the thread he mentions that we talked through pm, he was just asking general questions and advice from someone who has been around a while. Long enough to known you guys purchased umiparts.com domain name in a sad attempt to redirect traffic to your site, and after being called out on it you switched the link to ls1tech.
Mods please cross reference my account with any other account on here if you want any proof, i only have one account, run ip or whatever you want.
I remember that too, them buying that domain. And as I stated before, the moderators can cross reference my account too. I hope they do, in fact I WANT them to, and them come back and tell everyone what they found.

Last edited by Sam Strano; 07-26-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Laughable. Truly laughable. Gee I guess it's odd that two guys think similarly.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:28 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,249 Posts

The IP list for both users (Sam and JD_AMG) is extensive with many users sharing several for both, this was time consuming to search and review. However, I did not see any overlap/matches between Sam and JD_AMG specifically.

My personal opinion is that these are two different people, and I've interacted with JD_AMG in many threads over the years and do not see his posts as problematic at all. He's been very helpful and proven knowledgeable in many threads throughout the site.

I am locking this now because I see no solid evidence nor is there any tech value to this thread or discussion. If the parties involved have pertinent updates they wish to share, they can message myself or another admin/mod to add those details to the thread (we can either unlock it, or you can send us a PM which we will post word for word in this thread as an update.)

As a side note on current site policy, we've had (and still have) several sponsors with personal accounts on this site, usually accounts which they opened prior to becoming a sponsor or sponsor's employee. Should they ever choose to stop being a sponsor, it is IB's policy to close the sponsor account. Some of these guys might want to go back to being regular members without losing the history of their pre-sponsorship username, so I can understand wanting to keep the two separate. This, however, doesn't mean that sponsors are allowed to use alternate accounts to directly promote/advertise without paying for a multi-user package. We ask that sponsors stick to using their sponsor account for any direct sales promotion/advertisement.

A word to all involved: Please do not send me PMs with crazy conspiracy theories, anything of this nature will be ignored. If there is a solid and important update, we'll be happy to review/add it.

Thanks,
-Admin.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:36 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So a quick and easy way to look for folks using multiple accounts is to look at the ip address the account is using. I just checked this thread since both users posted in it

JDM is using The IP Address is: xx.xx.xx.xxx
The host name is assigned to Sprint in Kansas.

Sam is using The IP Address is: xx.xx.xxx.xx
The host name is assigned to Windstream communication in PA.

[exact IP address removed per privacy request, however it is clear to the site staff that the addresses do not match at all - RPM WS6]

Now I could spend a little time going back through the logs to see if either account used the same ip address as if someone was sharing the account, but at least in this thread the posts are coming from two distinct locations in two different states.

I know that someone with enough skill could use a proxy, or other methods to obscure this behavior. I'm just stating at face value its separate, and if I need to I can dig in deeper....

Quick Reply: FINALLY the Strano/JD_AMG theory CONFIRMED