Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what do i need to lower my car 98z

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do i need to lower my car 98z

what is needed to lower my car like 2inchs or so, i think it will lookkinda funny with 17's if i dont lower it, could someone please help me
Old 06-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98redz28
what is needed to lower my car like 2inchs or so, i think it will lookkinda funny with 17's if i dont lower it, could someone please help me
What are your goals for the car? If you just want a cosmetic change, then all you really need is the lowering springs. Here's a website listing some common springs and their ride height change to guide you: http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html

Stiffer shocks would be a really good plan to handle the springs because the spring rates (as you can see) go way up from the stock rate. Lower control arm relocation brackets are also a good idea for best handling / traction and if you experience wheel hop, but depending on your driving habits you might not find it needed
Old 06-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Launching!

if you want to do it cheep as possable, get some eibach sportlines. youre done. and its aout as low as you sid you wanted it. it looks good, too.