Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR TA013 Torque Arm Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default BMR TA013 Torque Arm Kit

Finally got my BMR TA013 torque arm kit installed replacing a Spohn tunnel mount kit.

The Spohn IMO transmitted too much rearend whine (modified upgraded stock 10 bolt). Plus didn't like the clunk when stopping at stoplights and shifting (Performabuilt Level 3) tranny.

Most of whine is now gone -especially at 70-75 mph and clunk is gone too.

I did have to make spacers to get enough clearance for the American Racing headers and cats. I started with 1/2 inch, but not enough, so made a set of 1/4 inch - see pics for clearance. Now that I know 3/4 inch is enough will make a set of 3/4 inch spacers.

As for dropping the BMR tunnel mount bracket 3\4 inch - it's not any lower than the Spohn bracket. The Spohn bracket looped under the exhaust. I had clearance issues with it as well.

Driveshaft is a PST 3.5 aluminum - pedastil for driveshaft loop leaves enough clearance for ds.

See pics.

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 10-12-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Clean setup! That has been one of the trickiest exhausts we have found to work around. Glad you were able to make it work and have good results from it. I really like this system of torque arms. The nvh transference and adjustability on this piece are probably the best of any tunnel mount setup available. Let me know if we can help with anything else!

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: BMR TA013 Torque Arm Kit